Sunday, November 27, 2005

licking the salt


This holiday i was blessed to reunite with some old friends. It was refreshing, and that is an understatement. Not to say that every relationship is perfect, every career a dream, every smile genuine, but these people were and are a gift. Some family and some friends, and all of them experiencing struggles. I hung out with people with more intellect, love, humility, encouragement, genorosity, ambition, and vision than one could imagine. I mean, these people are gifted. I love'em. And i can not understand it, (they, we, I) struggle so often. I am young, naive, and daily try and convince myself that i am an idealist, and that I have this big faith. Life should not be this difficult. We have got it, for the most part, too good. But I stare into sorrow filled eyes, listen to terrible news and weep to my redeemer repeatedly. And through all this I see so many reaching for a bit more faith, pleading for a better glimpse, and praying just a little harder.

No comments: