Thursday, May 08, 2008

stroller that jogs?

these days i am shacking up on a couch. the owners of this couch are both very generous and tolerant. it kind of reminds me of when i lived in dc with my sister and brother in law. anyway. matt and jamie have two kids, 2 and 0. lately they have been wanting to purchase jogging stroller. immediately i thought of my go to guys, the guys that have answers to pretty much all the questions i care to ask. i fell asleep last night thinking of how lucky i am to have my dad, my brother, mike, and nat in my life. they can tell you the smartest buy, from car to stroller, camera to crown molding. they have told me how to fix cars, tile floors, drywall, and cook. they show me how to tie a mattress to the roof of your car, how to make a chase lounge, how to roast a pig, how to drive a stick shift. it is amazing the breadth of information these guys contain in there normal sized craniums. i hope they never get tired of my little questions.

any suggestions on a jogging stroller?

2 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

single or double?

If they want a straight-up dedicated stroller, I'd have to say I'm really happy with the Baby Jogger (I've tried the double, too, and it's pretty smooth). But if they want a multi-use one (which means it has a front wheel that turns), I've heard good stuff about the Bob. My advice: if you're going to use it for jogging, then get a true jogging stroller-- it'll be a lot less aggravating than one that needs constant course correction.

PS. I'm honored to be in such expert company. Hope I can represent.

Nat said...

I am with mike. I had a MAclaren MAc3 and it is the abrahms battle tank of jogging strollers. The baby jogger, which I just got of craigslist for cheap, is great for running, but don't try to take it to to the mall for last minute christmas shopping. Also the BJogger folds down, but not very neatly.
If you want the coupe de gras check this new thing out: http://www.myzigo.com/
the perfect gift if you have $1K burning a hole in your pocket.
The last thing I will say is that the jogging rickshaw is the real deal, I just need a little free time to work on the prototype and that thing is going to take off!